Hello everyone !
Here’s the first episode of “This week in Rapid Prototyping” 🙂
Last week, Hadeel and I released our first prototype Libra, available online and playable in your browser.
We now have to work on the new brief, and here is what’s asked :
- Interactive experience
- Only allowed to manipulate cameras
- At least 3 types of cameras (Fixed, Tracking, Interactive)
- 4 emotional states (Active / Positive, Active / Negative, Passive / Positive, Passive / Negative)
- Only use the Mouse
- No visible ground plane
- Need to have a protagonist which is not a human or an animal
- This protagonist must die at some point
- Max of 4 3D assets
- This prototype is to show our ability to convey affect
I came with the idea “Life is Light”.
“Do you know why we can see stars ?
It’s because somewhere, in the infinity of Space, a star emited a light particle.
this particle traveled millions and millions of kilometres,
seeing things that you’ll never see.
And dies in YOUR eye.”
You embody a light particle emitted by the Sun.
During the travel from the Sun to the Earth, you can read its thoughts.
- At the beginning, it feels excited about what’s the Life brings to it.
- Then it feels serein in front of all this infinity.
- Became sad cause it can’t visit the Space.
- And angry about its impossibility to change its fate.
- And then feels appeased, because it came to an observer’s eye that allows him to not have a vain life.
That’s it !
More to come soon 😉